1. The California Department of Public Health’s Center for Health Care Quality is interested in redesigning a public website that gives consumers access to information about California’s licensed long-term care facilities and hospitals. The website, called the Health Facilities Consumer Information System, was implemented in 2008. RFI responses due June 30.
2. The State of California Office of Health Information Integrity is seeking via an RFP a consulting firm with expertise in HIPAA and project management to work from the office’s Sacramento headquarters. Among the scope of work, the contractor will provide “subject matter expertise on privacy, security, and transaction code sets in regard to health information, and contribute to the compliance review team.”
3. The Department of Technology is seeking IT consulting services with focus on expertise in the Riverbed tool suite. According to an RFQ released on June 1, the state said a “rapidly growing need is the ability to benchmark application projects” as more IT projects migrate into the OTech data center. The satet will use the tool set to identify projects that are “M&O” ready. RFQ responses are due June 16.
4. The California Department of Fire and Forestry Protection on June 1 released an RFQ for fleet management software. Responses are due July 15. The department wants a solution with no customization needed.
5. The Department of Technology in conjunction with the California Highway Patrol is doing market research on audio logging recorders. The records muste be Next-Gen 911 ready and built in open architecture and be available commercially off the shelf, according to the draft requirements. RFI responses are due June 6.